Pune - The Most Livable City in India!
Leveraging its rich cultural and natural heritage, a strong human capital and strong business environment as key
strengths, Pune aspires to become one of the most livable cities in India by solving its core infrastructure issues
in a “future proof” way, and by making its neighborhoods beautiful, clean, green and fully livable.
Liveable, lovable Pune!
With a vibrant cultural heritage, a strong human capital and strong business environment as key strengths, Pune aspires
to become one of the most liveable cities in India by making its infrastructure world class & future proof, and by
transforming its neighbourhoods on key dimensions of liveability like mixed use, open spaces and sustainable energy usage.
The key themes coming out of vision are listed below:
Build on vibrant culture heritage, strong human capital and strong business environment Making Pune’s infrastructure
world class & future proof Solving the challenge around transportation Equitable, 24x7 water across Pune Taking other
core infrastructure from “good to great
Prioritised pan city initiatives for Pune
- Increase public transport usage
- Reduce congestion through adaptive traffic control
- Ensure equitable 150 lpcd water to 100%
Driving model local area development
In addition to solving for core infrastructure, there are several key dimensions of liveability like mixed use, open spaces
and sustainable energy usage that Pune will need to adopt to become a future city. Specifically, some of the aspirations
here would be:
Solving for basic infrastructure for 100% of citizens in the region
- Incorporating smart features around energy, transport, water, sewage, solid waste and other sectors
- Driving social transformation in low income areas
- Creating a vibrant job zone
- Extensive engagement of citizens
- Visible improvement in areas through underground wiring, cobbled street, etc